Table of Contents
- New Champion
- Aurelion Sol, the Star Forger
- Stats and Abilities
- Release Skin
- New Champion Skins
- Urf Kench
- Definitely Not Vel'Koz
- Draven Draven
- New Ward Skins
- New Summoner Icons
- "Draven" Minions
- Taric's Hammer Added to Summoner's Rift
- Balance Changes
- Continued Testing/Unreleased Content
- Shop Visual Update
- League Client Update - PBE pre-Alpha tech test
- Patch History
Aurelion Sol, the Star Forger
Stats and AbilitiesStats:
- Range : 550
- Movement Speed : 325
- Base Health: 550
- Health Growth:80
- Base Health Regen: 1.3
- Health Regen Growth: 0.12
- Base Mana: 350
- Mana Growth: 50
- Base Mana Regen: 1.2
- Mana Regen Growth: 0.16
- Base AD: 57
- AD Growth: 3.2
- Attack Speed : 0.625
- Base Armor : 19
- Armor Growth : 3.6
- Magic Resist: 30
Center of the Universe (Passive):
"Three Stars circle Aurelion Sol, dealing 20-97 (+ [.17 + .01 per level] AP) magic damage and executing minions below 25 health.
Enemy effects that prevent the casting of spells will also disable these Stars."
- Base Damage is 20/22/24/26/28/31/34/37/40/45/50/55/60/67/74/81/88/97
10 Sec Cooldown
"First Press: Aurelion Sol creates a new stellar core, which grows over time and grants him 10% Movement Speed.
The core will detonate when it reaches his Outer Limit, applying 70/110/150/190/230 (+.65 AP) magic damage and a 1/1.25/1.50/1.75/2 second stun.
Second Press: Detonate the core early."
40 Mana plus 16/22/28/34/40 Mana Per Second
6/5/4/3/2 sec Cooldown
"Passive: Increases Star base damage by 10/20/30/40/50.
Toggle: Aurelion Sol's Stars orbit at his Outer Limit and deal 150% damage, for a total of X magic damage."
60/55/50/45/40 sec Cooldown
"Passive: Generate Escape Velocity while moving. Continuously moving in one direction grants increasing Movement Speed up to 25/30/35/40/45%.
Taking champion or turret damage resets this passive.
Active: at 100 Escape Velocity, fly for 3000/4000/5000/6000/7000 units in the chosen direction or until clicking to move. Aurelion Sol can see and be seen over walls while flying.
Taking champion or turret damage will force a landing."
Voice of Light (R):
120/100/80 Sec Coooldown
"Breathes out a blast of pure starfire, dealing 200/300/400 (+ .7 AP) magic damage and slowing by 60/70/80%, decaying over 4 seconds.
The blast will also knock nearby enemies back to Aurelion Sol's Outer Limit."
Here's Aurelion Sol's voiceover, clocking in at just over 30 minutes, including all sorts of champion and item special interactions!
And here is his champion select quote:
LoreHere's Aurelion Sol's short form in-client lore entry:
"Aurelion Sol once graced the vast emptiness of the cosmos with celestial wonders of his own devising. Now, he is forced to wield his awesome power at the behest of a space-faring empire that tricked him into servitude. Desiring a return to his star-forging ways, Aurelion Sol will drag the very stars from the sky, if he must, in order to regain his freedom."
The longer introduction and story for Aurelion Sol can be found on the Mount Targon page!
LoginAs usual, Aurelion Sol's release includes a new login screen!
Burning across the night sky is Ashen Lord Aurelion Sol, Aurelion Sol's release skin!
Here's Nurse Flan with a Bugs & Feedback Thread for Ashen Lord Aurelion Sol:
"Aurelion Sol is now re-imagined as the deity of fire and the ash it leaves in its wake. Ashen Lord Aurelion Sol is not your typical "fire dragon," as he is more aligned with lava and the destructive nature of volcanos!
As a little tidbit, the concept artist drew a lot of design references from India and incorporated it into the style of this skin!
As players who get the first look at this in-progress skin, it would be wonderful to hear your thoughts and feelings on the new Ashen Lord skin! The feedback and bugs you leave here will help us get a better idea of things we may still have to take a look at. :]
- Completely new model (fire dragon!)
- New particles for abilities! (much lava, wow!)
- New recall! (so regal!)
- New audio for abilities and recall! (burn-y!)
- Set to be 1350RP* (pricing always subject to change)
See you on the Rift!"
New Champion SkinsWith April right around the corner, we have a goofy batch of new skins for Draven, Maokai, Tahm Kench, and Vel'Koz!
Here's Galetta with a Bugs & Feedback Thread for Meowkai:
"Kitty cats and rainbows!
Meow! Meow! Meowkai is here with his collection of magical cats!
This skin will be 1350RP! (PBE pricing subject to change)
- New model and textures!
- New particles!
- New recall animation!
- New SFX on his Q,W,E and Recall!
Your feedback and bug reports are extremely helpful to us, so please check out Meowkai and let us know what you think! Feel free to drop any bugs you find in this thread as well!
Meow Meow Meow Meow!! :3"
Definitely Not Vel'Koz
Here's Galetta with a Bugs & Feedback Thread on Urf Kench and Definitely Not Vel'Koz:
"A manatee and a businessman walk onto the Rift....
Urf Kench and......Definitely Not Vel'Koz, he's not even remotely close to Vel'koz.
These skins include:
These skins will be 750RP each! (PBE pricing subject to change)
- New models and textures!
Your feedback and bug reports are extremely helpful to us, so please check out Urf Kench and Definitely Not Vel'Koz and let us know what you think! Feel free to drop any bugs you find in this thread as well!
See you on the Rift!"
Last up is the big headed and mysterious Draven Draven, who does not have a context thread or price yet!
New Ward Skins
Definitely Not A Ward
New Summoner IconsTo go along with the new skins and the Draven minions, we also have a batch of six new summoner icons!
"Draven" MinionsAlong with the large headed Draven Draven skin above, there are also assets for a set of Draven themed minions on the PBE - each with their own very large Draven head!
Taric's Hammer Added to Summoner's RiftCuriously, Taric's Hammer has been added to the red side shop keepers barrel. Outrageous! With a large scope Taric update due later this year, why could it mean???
- The Store visual update is on the PBE for continued testing!
- Underwold Twisted Fate's cards have been updated due to readability issues. More info here.
- Unique Mini map icons have been added for Zz'Rot portal!
- While not too revealing, there is a lone "WarwickRework.bin" popped up in a PBE build this cycle. No text diffs or anything too interesting to pull from it, was removed.
- [Removed as of 3/15]
A text reference to a new "Mecha Zero Sion" skin was added in today's update! Unfortunately there are no assets in-game yet! Best guess is this is a skin to be revealed in a future cycle.
- [Removed as of 3/15]
Shop image assets of a new ward skin - referred to asWard 57 as it has no official name yet - have been added!
Balance Changes* Remember *: The PBE is a testing grounds for new, tentative, and sometimes radical changes. The changes you see below may be lacking context or other accompanying changes that didn't make it in - don't freak out! These are not official notes.
- Triumphant Roar (E) heal amount for allies reduced to for 33% from 50%.
- Feast (R) bonus health per stack increased to 100/140/180 from 90/120/150]
- Z- Drive Resonance (Passive) Movement Speed increased to 50/60/70/80% at level 1/6/11/16 from 40/50/60/80%.
- Phase Drive (E) Cooldown lowered to 11/10/9/8/7 from 13/11.5/10/8.5/7
- Duelist's Dance (Passive) **
- Base Damage down to 2% of target's maximum health in true damage from 3%
- Bonus AD Ratio changed to 4% from [2.8% - 4.5% based on level]
- Bladework (E)
- Slow reduced to 30% at all ranks from 40/45/50/55/60%
- Attack Speed Boost no longer multiplicative.**
- Eye of the Storm (E) bonus AD lowered to 10/17.5/25/32.5/40 from 14/23/32/41/50
- Monsoon (R) knock back stun duration reduced to .5 from .75 seconds.**
- Dragon Strike (Q) [tooltip update - now includes "This effect can be triggered even while immobilized.".]
- To The Skies (Q)
- Mana cost reduced to 40 at all ranks from 40/45/50/55/60/65
- Bonus AD ratio increased to 1.2 from 1
- Damage increased to 40/80/120/160/200/240 from 30/70/110/150/190/230
- Attack speed growth reduced to 2.5 from 3
- Base attack speed changed to 0.644 from 0.694
- Sentinel (W)
- [new mechanic] Kalista now gains [9 + 1 % per level] attack speed when near her Oathsworn.
- Passive's damage reduced to 5/7.5/10/12.5/15% of target's max health from 10-20%
- Active's lap reduced to 3 from 7.
- Fate's Call (R) range to cast ability lowered to 1000 from 1400
- Defiance (R+E)
- Bonus shield value increased to 30/100/170/240 from 30/90/150/210.
- AP Ratio increased to .6 from .3
- Taste Their Fear (Q) cooldown lowered to 3 seconds from 3.5
- Void Spike (W) cooldown lowered to 9 seconds at all ranks from 10
- Whimsy (W) Speed buff duration reduced to 3/3.25/3.5/3.75/4 from 3/3.5/4/4.5/5
- Prismatic Barrier (W)
- AP ratio lowered to .2 from .35
- Shield value lowered to 50/65/80/95/110 from 80/105/130/155/180
- Shields now stacks on double hits rather than refreshing. **
- Missile now decelerates on the way out, accelerates in. **
- Magic resist increased to 32.1
- MR per level increased to 1.25 from 0
- Sapling Toss (E) Sapling duration increased to 40/45/50/55/60 seconds from 35 seconds.
- Wuju Style (E):
- Active's Flat damage increased to 12/19/26/33/40 from 10/15/20/25/30.
- Active's AD ratio changed to 25% bonus AD from 10/12.5/15/17.5/20% total AD.
- [NOTE: AD scaling changed to BONUS AD from TOTAL AD. Should be a nerf when not buying AD but same or better when buying AD.]
- Prowl (Passive) Javelin Toss (Q) and Pounce (W) will no longer root neutral monsters for 2 seconds.
- Pounce (Cougar W)
- [removed auto attack reset**]
- Damage increased to 65/110/155/200 from 50/100/150/200
- Aspect of the Cougar (R) - [has an auto attack reset again.**]
- Command: Attack (Q) mana cost reduced to 30/35/40/45/50 from 50 at all ranks.
- Blinding Assault (Q)
- Cooldown increased to 11/10.5/10/9.5/9 from 11/10/9/8/7
- Vision reduction duration reduced to 1.5 seconds from 2.
- Twin Bite (Q) second hit's % of AD bonus physical damage lowered to 40/55/70/85/100% from 80/85/90/95/100%
- [NOTE: So total damage reduced to 140-200% AD from 180-200%.]
- Burnout (W) [effect removed] no longer deals extra 20% damage vs monsters.
- [No gameplay change, tooltip updated to now specify that Rift Herald gives 2 stacks,]
Unique active: Renamed to "Capture Bolt" Notes it the active shares a cooldown with other Bolt items. Damage increased to 200 from 150.
- Build Path changed to [Tiamat + Vampric Scepter + Pickaxe + 525g] from [Tiamat + Vampiric Scepter + Long Sword + 1050g]
- [NOTE: This is due to this cycle's Tiamat path change. Just too many long swords.]
- Unique Passive - Echo base damage lowered to 60 from 80
- Recipe changed to [Long Sword + Long Sword + Rejuv Bead + 350g] from [Pickaxe + Rejuv. Bead + 175g]
- Attack damage lowered to 20 from 30
- Unique Passive - Cleave added:
- "UNIQUE Passive - Cleave: Basic attacks deal X to Y as bonus physical damage to enemies near the target on hit (enemies closest to the target take the most damage)."
- Attack damage lowered to 35 from 50
- Armor reduced to 55 from 60
- Magic Resist reduced to 55 from 60
- Void Gate now takes 5 hits to kill but regens out of combat (similar to wards)**
Continued Testing/Unreleased Content
Below are few features that have been testing on the PBE for multiple cycles! Unfortunately we do not currently have release date estimates!
[NOTE: Some of the screen shots below might be slightly out dated!]
Shop Visual Update
A visual update for the in client shop is now up on the PBE!
Before we take a closer look, here's DontHassleDaHoff with more information from the PBE boards:
We're making some visual changes to the store and wanted to give you a heads up before everything goes live. We made the whole package visually match the client, Champ Select, and Hextech Crafting, which means a few buttons and bars got moved. Most notably, you’ll see that the navigation bar has moved from its old spot on the left side of the store to the top (see below).
Other changes include:
We hope you dig it. Let us know what you think. Thanks!"
- A more streamlined navigation bar
- A Gameplay menu featuring Runes and Boosts,
- An Accessories menu, including Wards, Icons, Chests and Keys
- A new Account Icon in the upper right, where name changes can be made
- A new RP button (ohhh fancy)
Here's a small gallery of the visual updated shop, including the new purchase & confirmation screen! Note that Chroma packs are now available under skins rather than only in bundles.
[NOTE: For those who might not be acquainted with the PBE shop, all content is typically priced at 1 IP for testing purposes. Additionally, some art or assets such as splashes may be missing!]
League Client Update - PBE pre-Alpha tech test
Emails invites for the LCU pre-alpha PBE tech test are going out and the new client is available for testing if your PBE account has been approved!
Here is a brief look at the new client, although be aware for this test most features are not implemented or not enabled yet - really all you can do is chat and queue up for Howling Abyss as the other tabs and pages are disabled.